—— WE’VE MOVED: Check out this post on my new site! ——
I am SO happy to announce that I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! This truly means so much to me as a new blogger — being recognized for my work is an amazing feeling; what a way to start off 2018!
For those who don’t know the purpose of the Sunshine Blogger Award, it’s given to a blogger that is inspirational through their positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
My answers to Charli’s questions:
- What brought you into the blogging world?
A couple things – 1) I’ve always wanted to start a blog. For some reason it was just a dream of mine! Then 2017 came around and totally changed me, I learned self-love and created happiness for myself. It was a great year for me and I decided that this was the best time to start the blog because I could tell I was in the right place to do so. 2) I have entrepreneurial tendencies… lol. I’m independent, I like to do my own things, and I like to make up the rules so blogging was the perfect fit for me.
- What are your personal goals for 2018?
In 2018 I want to learn more about myself. One of the biggest things I want to work on is trusting myself, and along with this, self-control. I think to achieve this I need to reflect more (which I talk a lot about in my blog posts) and journal more, maybe even specifically, a gratitude journal.
- Where’s your hometown?
I’m from a small town about an hour outside of Detroit, Michigan called Howell. But I feel at home in Detroit. Its a beautiful city full of rich history and an exciting future. Many people have no idea what a chic place it really is!
- What’s your favorite food to binge-eat?
100% popcorn. Like hot, buttery, salty, movie theater popcorn! It’s my all-time favorite snack, I couldn’t eat so much of it!
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
Probably back to Bavaria, Germany because the Alps there are just so breathtaking or to my favorite city ever, Chicago! I love everything about that city and hope to live there some day!
- If you had to strictly be a photographer or a writer, which would you choose?
Definitely a writer! I’ve never really been into photography, mostly because I don’t necessarily have the right equipment, but it’s something I’d love to pursue later! As for now, though, a writer. I love writing — its an art form and a therapy session all in one!
- What’s your blogging end-game? What do you want out of your blog?
My dream is to be a successful user experience (UX) designer and use this blog to showcase what I work on as well as to become a freelance consultant and possibly to open up my own UX design consulting firm! On the blog I would love to talk about life as a designer, what it’s like in the workplace, etc., and at the same time be a resource for other female UX professionals.
- Top 3 Bloggers and go!
1- Travelling Wanderer
3- My Passion Projects
- If you could only write about one specific category on your blog, what would you pick?
I probably would want to keep it as a lifestyle blog since that can be so general… maybe… or maybe not! There is so much to write about, it would be hard (for me, at least) to write on only one topic!
- Coffee or tea?
If you asked me this a year ago the answer would for sure be coffee. But after my freshman year of college I kind of got burned out on coffee, probably because I drank about 3-4 cups a day! Now I’m really into tea. I absolutely love it! I drink it all the time, but the difference is that with tea, there are SO many different kinds + combinations that its hard to tire of it. Its like a little bag of wonders!
- What inspires you the most?This is definitely a hard question!! Honestly, I think music inspires me the most but I also find inspiration from others. For example, my family has through some health scares in the past year but their strength and compassions through those times have inspired me to be better and be stronger.
My Nominees (in no particular order):
My Questions for You All:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite way to relax?
- What inspires/motivates you?
- If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite music?
- Top 3 Favorite Bloggers?
- Where are you from?
- Whats your biggest passion?
- What are you most excited for in 2018?
- Whats your dream job?
Can’t wait to read your answers, and good luck to everyone nominated!